[Mimedefang] freebsd and clamav

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Jan 31 14:22:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Tom Dymond wrote:

> clamav installed. I can't figure out how it detects if clamav is installed
> or not, because it doesn't seem to know it's there.

It looks for it in your path.  Try running 'make distclean', then run
configure again.

> Otherwise, is there a way to override the detection and force it to use
> clamscan anyway ?

Set this at the top of your filter:

$Features{"Virus:CLAMAV"} = "/usr/local/bin/clamscan";

You may not need it, but FYI - if you upgrade to clamav 0.54 and use
clamd instead of clamscan you'll get _MUCH_ better performance.

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA