[Mimedefang] High load problems & sendmail question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 7 11:52:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Richardson  M. wrote:

> I believe i can use mimedefang-multiplexor instead of mimedefang to save
> resources correct ?

Absolutely!  Do NOT use mimedefang without the multiplexor.

> Can anyone give some considerations/recommendations as how to optimise the
> multiplexor for plusminus 7500 mails/day ?

7500 is very low volume; if you use the multiplexor, you shouldn't
even notice the load, even at 10 times the mail volume.

The script examples/init-script is a generic init script that works
on most versions of UNIX, and starts the multiplexor.