[Mimedefang] High load problems & sendmail question

Richardson M. M.Richardson at tk.parlement.nl
Tue Jan 7 11:31:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I installed MIMEDefang to append boilerplates to outgoing mail and it is
working out OK so far except the load on the machine is around 12 on busy
hours which is critical as Sendmail is rejecting messages when the load
average hits 12.
The machine is a Sun R220 with 1cpu (500 Mhz) with 1024 MB RAM

I started mimedefang with the -n option already to raise max filters as that
was the bottleneck earlier but now there is the load problem.

I believe i can use mimedefang-multiplexor instead of mimedefang to save
resources correct ?
Can anyone give some considerations/recommendations as how to optimise the
multiplexor for plusminus 7500 mails/day ?

I also have a sendmail question;
I run sendmail as a relay server only so my mailertable only contains SMTP
entry's and no local delivery is thus configured...
How do is properly setup de aliases file so that postmaster, root,
mailerdaemon mail gets forwarded to me at mydomain.com ?

Thanks,

Mark Richardson.

Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal
www.tweede-kamer.nl

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Dit elektronisch bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Als u dit bericht per abuis hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te
vernietigen en de afzender te informeren.
Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de volledigheid van
dit bericht contact op te nemen met afzender.

No rights can be derived from this message.
This electronic message is intended only for the addressee.
Should you have received this message in error, you are kindly
requested to delete it and inform the sender.
Should you question the accuracy or the completeness of this
message, you are advised to contact the sender.