[Mimedefang] Killing Slave Question

Bob Robichaud support at compmore.net
Wed Feb 26 11:26:01 EST 2003

Thanks,

My server has 512 MB RAM
I noticed sometimes I am running 8 slaves. Do I have sufficient memory.   I
also noticed that most slaves are being killed do to idle timeout.  I'm
guessing this is the idleTime setting set to default of 300 seconds.  This
would suggest to me that I am getting hit with peaks of volume that requires
8 slaves, but most of them are killed soon after.
Is 300 seconds a reasonable time in my situation or should I be killing them
sooner.

Regards,
Bob Robichaud
Compmore Internet Operations Manager