[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Mon Feb 24 18:51:01 EST 2003

on 2/24/03 2:50 PM, Nels Lindquist at nlindq at maei.ca wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2003 at 13:56, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
>> This is where I believe MD becomes a problem using Bayes in SpamAssassin.
>> Since SA is called from MD, doesn't that mean it always appears to be the
>> same user in SA?  So, you can't really have a per user database set up for
>> Bayes checking and SpamAssassin?  And, what user is that, the defang user?
>
> Barring some fairly complex MD setup in order to get per-user
> configuration (or CanIt, I would imagine), then yes, it always
> appears to be the same user in SA (and by default, it's the defang
> user).  Per-user MD/SA setup, with or without Bayes, isn't trivial.
> However, that's not necessarily a problem.  In the SA 2.50
> documentation, they talk about requirements for a site-wide Bayes
> database.  Although a per-user Bayes system would be more accurate, I
> expect a system-wide Bayes database will be better than none.

I have SA 2.50 installed.  Where is the Bayes database?  I have been
receiving plenty of e-mails, and I would imagine a database should have
already been created.  Yes, I only see databases for the users which I
manually ran sa-learn for.  I ran it for myself and the root user.  For some
reason I thought root would have been the system wide user.  But, then I
thought more about it today and figured it was the defang user.  I installed
SA 2.50 on Friday.  I have received plenty of e-mails since that time.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff at stikman.com)