[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 24 17:51:01 EST 2003

On 24 Feb 2003 at 13:56, Jeff Grossman wrote:

> This is where I believe MD becomes a problem using Bayes in SpamAssassin.
> Since SA is called from MD, doesn't that mean it always appears to be the
> same user in SA?  So, you can't really have a per user database set up for
> Bayes checking and SpamAssassin?  And, what user is that, the defang user?

Barring some fairly complex MD setup in order to get per-user
configuration (or CanIt, I would imagine), then yes, it always
appears to be the same user in SA (and by default, it's the defang
user).  Per-user MD/SA setup, with or without Bayes, isn't trivial.
However, that's not necessarily a problem.  In the SA 2.50
documentation, they talk about requirements for a site-wide Bayes
database.  Although a per-user Bayes system would be more accurate, I
expect a system-wide Bayes database will be better than none.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.