[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 24 15:46:01 EST 2003

On 24 Feb 2003 at 11:11, Stefano McGhee wrote:

> 	I was interested in what people thought about SA 2.50.  I saw that
> it was released recently and saw that some were "early adopters" of the new
> version.  Have you all found it to be stable enough to upgrade to?  Is it
> easy to upgrade MD to use the new one?  It is as simple as just installing
> 2.50 over the previous version?  I'll bundle it together with the impending
> MD 2.31 release if it is :-).

I have run into one caveat:  If you were previously using any of the
RBL checks within SA, the additional DNS overhead incurred by all the
new header checks is now prohibitive, IMO.  Previously the RBL tests
ran relatively quickly, but I found Razor etc. too slow.

I'm currently working on getting MD/SA to use only local tests, but
to additionally use the Bayes stuff.  So far--with very limited
testing, mind you--it's working extremely well.  I haven't done
anything WRT using the learn functions from within MIMEDefang--I'm
currently training with sa-learn on the commandline.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.