[Mimedefang] SA 2.50

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 24 16:20:15 EST 2003

On 24 Feb 2003 at 13:45, Nels Lindquist wrote:

> I have run into one caveat:  If you were previously using any of the
> RBL checks within SA, the additional DNS overhead incurred by all the
> new header checks is now prohibitive, IMO.  Previously the RBL tests
> ran relatively quickly, but I found Razor etc. too slow.

Should have checked out the SA list before sending, I guess. :-)
Turns out the increased network delay (from ~1-4 seconds pre 2.50 to
~30+ seconds in 2.50) is entirely due to problems with the Habeas
bonded sender servers.

The problem appears to be the HABEAS_HIL rule, but I turned off all
three of the HABEAS rules and everything is working as per pre-2.50
with RBL lookups.

To do this, place the following lines somewhere in sa-mimedefang.cf:

score HABEAS_SWE 0
score HABEAS_HIL 0
score HABEAS_VIOLATOR 0

----