[Mimedefang] X-Scanned-By and MIME-Version headers

Jay Levitt jay-defang at shopwatch.org
Thu Feb 20 17:23:01 EST 2003

> Nope.  mimedefang.pl is invoked by mimedefang-multiplexor.  mimedefang is
> invoked separately; check the init script.
>
> And you need:
>
> -x ""

Ah, OK, my misunderstanding.  Any suggestions on how to successfully pass
that in the init script?  I'm hopeless at shell-script quoting.  I've tried
several combinations, including "", "\"\"", '""', and '\"\"'.  Most don't
work at all (they end up eclipsing the -U argument that follows); the last
one works, but ends up with a literal X-Scanned-By: "" header.

> to remove the X-Scanned-By: header.  In other words, you must supply
> a literal zero-length string as argument to -x.
>
> > Relatedly: Why do I get lines like:
> >  Milter change: header  MIME-Version: from 1.0 to 1.0
> > That doesn't seem to do much... :)
>
> Because Sendmail is finicky about logging.  In your Sendmail M4 file
> (you do use M4, right?), add this:

Heck yeah.. I have the advantage of being away from sendmail for 6 years, so
I just waited till the new bat book came out and learned M4 from scratch.

> define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 1)

I don't really want to eliminate logging the actual changes to the mail,
though.  Is there a reason mimedefang doesn't check the existing
it?

Jay