[Mimedefang] X-Scanned-By and MIME-Version headers

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 20 17:30:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Jay Levitt wrote:

> Ah, OK, my misunderstanding.  Any suggestions on how to successfully pass
> that in the init script?

If you're using the Red Hat init script, it does funny things to the
quoting, because it gets passed to "daemon", a shell function that does
it's own quote removal.  I think this will work:

	-x '""'

Don't you love UNIX?

> I don't really want to eliminate logging the actual changes to the mail,
> though.  Is there a reason mimedefang doesn't check the existing
> it?

Yeah, it's easier that way. :-)

Seriously, the code does this so that if a non-MIME message is altered,
it becomes a MIME message.  The easiest way is to call smfi_chgheader(),
because that does the Right Thing, regardless of whether the original
message was MIME or not.