[Mimedefang] X-Scanned-By and MIME-Version headers

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 20 16:47:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Jay Levitt wrote:

> The mimedefang docs indicate that I can eliminate the X-Scanned-By header by
> adding a blank "-x" argument to mimedefang.  However, mimedefang is of
> course called by mimedefang-multiplexor,

Nope.  mimedefang.pl is invoked by mimedefang-multiplexor.  mimedefang is
invoked separately; check the init script.

And you need:

	-x ""

to remove the X-Scanned-By: header.  In other words, you must supply
a literal zero-length string as argument to -x.

> Relatedly: Why do I get lines like:
>  Milter change: header  MIME-Version: from 1.0 to 1.0
> That doesn't seem to do much... :)

Because Sendmail is finicky about logging.  In your Sendmail M4 file
(you do use M4, right?), add this:

	define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 1)

to make the Milter logging less verbose.