[Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out

Charles Mount cmount at csc.com
Fri Feb 7 18:01:01 EST 2003

Thanks
When I ran with "-k" and did  "rm -rf Work; mimedefang.pl ." the process
finished with no complaints.  But it took a long time.

I changed to busyTimeout=60, restarted and it worked; by the logfile it
took 45 secs to deliver.

At 19K this was one of the largest SPAM messages we get.  I may change the
max message size checked to about 25K and remove the F=T flag if I have
this problem again.

BTW, there was no call from the filter to spamd.  I started spamd in
/etc/rc2.d but it never got called.

                      "David F. Skoll"
                      <dfs                     To:      mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
                      @roaringpenguin.         cc:
                      com>                     Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out
                      Sent by:
                      mimedefang-admin

                      02/07/2003 02:53
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to mimedefang

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Charles Mount wrote:

> I guess I was trying too hard.  I have stopped sendmail, MIMEdefang, and
> spamd then restarted MIMEdefang and sendmail,  I confirmed that spamd is
not
> running.   The same message still times out after 30 sec with the same
> error message.

Did you take the call to spamd out of your filter?  I'd have to see your
filter and a copy of the failing message to understand what's happening.

Try using the "-k" option to mimdefang so it keeps spool directories for
failed messages.  Then go to that directory and type:

             rm -rf Work; mimedefang.pl .

to see if anything obvious is wrong.