[Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 7 15:54:00 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Charles Mount wrote:

> I guess I was trying too hard.  I have stopped sendmail, MIMEdefang, and
> spamd then restarted MMEdefang and sendmail,  I confirmed that spamd is not
> running.   The same message still times out after 30 sec with the same
> error message.

Did you take the call to spamd out of your filter?  I'd have to see your
filter and a copy of the failing message to understand what's happening.

Try using the "-k" option to mimdefang so it keeps spool directories for
failed messages.  Then go to that directory and type:

	rm -rf Work; mimedefang.pl .

to see if anything obvious is wrong.