[Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out

Charles Mount cmount at csc.com
Fri Feb 7 15:50:00 EST 2003

I guess I was trying too hard.  I have stopped sendmail, MIMEdefang, and
spamd then restarted MMEdefang and sendmail,  I confirmed that spamd is not
running.   The same message still times out after 30 sec with the same
error message.

                      "David F. Skoll"
                      <dfs                     To:      mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
                      @roaringpenguin.         cc:
                      com>                     Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out
                      Sent by:
                      mimedefang-admin

                      02/07/2003 01:33
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to mimedefang

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Charles Mount wrote:

> I am running mimedefang-2.27 with sendmail-switch on Solaris 8 to route
> mail through spamd.

Out of curiosity, why are you using spamd?  MIMEDefang has built-in hooks
to SpamAssassin, and they are probably a lot more efficient than spamd.
That may explain the problem.