[Mimedefang] ERR Filter timed out

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 7 21:00:11 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Charles Mount wrote:

> I changed to busyTimeout=60, restarted and it worked; by the logfile it
> took 45 secs to deliver.

I recommend setting busy timeout to at least 120, and probably 300, seconds.
It's much better to try to let a scan finish than terminate it too
early; otherwise, you invest lots of CPU time for nothing.

> At 19K this was one of the largest SPAM messages we get.  I may change the
> max message size checked to about 25K and remove the F=T flag if I have
> this problem again.

F=T won't help; if MIMEDefang times out, it tempfails the message itself.
F=T only affects Sendmail's behavior if MIMEDefang doesn't respond at all.