[Mimedefang] checking virus email with spamassassin

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Sat Aug 30 23:27:01 EDT 2003

On 08/30/03 at 18:09, 'twas brillig and Lucas Albers scrobe:
> figured out my earlier dump question.
> Virus scanning is done before spam filtering, but it will also check with
> spamassassin after virus-scanning before it rejects it.
> So I replaced this line in mimedefang-filter and it solved the problem.
> this line:
> if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}){
>
> with this:
>
> if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"} && !($category eq "virus") && !($category eq
> "quarantine")) {

	Does your mimedefang-filter have this line:

    return if message_rejected();

	...at the beginning of filter_begin, filter, filter_multipart,
and filter_end? It should cause mimedefang to avoid the case where you
spamscan a virus-laden email, unless I'm missing something.

> mimedefang kicks ass.

	Indubitably.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key