[Mimedefang] checking virus email with spamassassin

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat Aug 30 20:10:01 EDT 2003

figured out my earlier dump question.
Virus scanning is done before spam filtering, but it will also check with
spamassassin after virus-scanning before it rejects it.
So I replaced this line in mimedefang-filter and it solved the problem.
this line:
if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}){

with this:

if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"} && !($category eq "virus") && !($category eq
"quarantine")) {

If it's going to reject the mail because it contains a virus or an invalid
attachment, don't look and see if it is spam.

I have it set to save mail it rejects and spam, and dont' want to fill up
my mail spool saving sobig rejected virus's.

Speeds up message processing...

mimedefang kicks ass.
--Luke