[Mimedefang] One message missed SpamAssassin rating (Weird)

John john at jjgb.com
Fri Aug 8 15:42:01 EDT 2003

At 10:05 AM 8/8/2003, you wrote:

>>No matter how I feed it to SpamAssassin in the test mode, it scores 19+.
>>However, when it was delivered to my mailserver, is zipped right through
>>unmolested other than adding the standard scanned by MD & ClamAV
>>X-Headers.
>

>Temporarily, put some md_graphdefang_log() commands into the
>filter at interesting places.  Like log whether each message was
>sent to SA, and the $hits and $names it got.
>
>This sure sounds like it meets some condition under which you
>don't send to SA.  Maybe log each of those conditions.
>
>Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
>Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu

<snip>

I thought about that too.  I did fail to mention in my first post, I have
fed that message through smtp talk using the same from address 5 times
(<G>) through that box, and it rejects it every time (Log below).  The only
difference is the ip where I connect from.  And, I have no IP's in any
whitelist anywhere.

I will try some of the logging info.  Of course, it would be nicer if it
happened more often than once in x months <G>

Log:
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie mimedefang.pl[23746]:
MDLOG,h78GpBBe032392,spam,20.7,xxx.144.xxx.187,<anewtonag at amnestymail.com>,xxx at j
jgb.com,It works
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie mimedefang.pl[23746]: filter: h78GpBBe032392:  bounce=1
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie mimedefang[32393]: h78GpBBe032392: Bouncing because
filter instructed us to
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie sendmail[32392]: h78GpBBe032392: Milter change:
header  X-Virus-Scanned: from OK, scanned by ClamAV to O
K, scanned by ClamAV
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie sendmail[32392]: h78GpBBe032392: Milter: data,
reject=554 5.7.1 Mail Rejected - No SPAM here - Go Away!
Aug  8 10:53:08 odie sendmail[32392]: h78GpBBe032392: to=xxx at jjgb.com,
delay=00:00:47, pri=30409, stat=Mail Rejected - No
SPAM here - Go Away!

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous