[Mimedefang] Gentoo Linux and Mimedefang

Brett Hoffman bjh at cobaltfactor.net
Wed Aug 6 22:54:00 EDT 2003

First let me first start off by saying Thanks to everyone who has put
work into Mimedefang and anyone who has posted on this list. I've gone
through the archives on this list and it has answered every single one
of my questions. Also Mimedefang recently got me out of some hot water
with my Exchange Servers and is now proudly processing close to 25,000
messages a day. I wish I would have known about it a year ago for other
projects that I've worked on.

Now that I've gotten Mimedefang up and running, I'm finalizing my
installation and making the install a lot more clean with my Gentoo
Linux installation and I noticed that Mimedefang isn't in the Gentoo
Linux portage tree.

I've searched around a little bit and the closest I've came to anything
Gentoo Linux + Mimedefang related was someone noting that they  use it
with Gentoo and that it isn't in the portage tree.

I was wondering if anyone on this list is running Mimedefang with Gentoo
Linux and has thought of or know of someone who is currently working on
putting it into Gentoo Linux's portage tree. I ask because if I can't
find anyone who is currently working on it then I'll just go a head and
do it myself.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett Hoffman