[Mimedefang] allowing specific filenames?

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Wed Aug 6 16:36:01 EDT 2003

In mimedefang-filter, add the following subroutine:

sub Exclude_FromGoodHost() {
  if ($RelayAddr eq "good.ip.address.here") {
    return 1;
  }
  return 0;
}

Substitute the real IP address of the sending system, in the above function.

Then, modify sub filter_bad_filename to call the above subroutine, exiting
with a 0 return code and bypassing the bad_ext test, if the message is
coming from the IP address of the known-good host.

Of course, if there is potentially other traffic from that host which you
still want to check, read through yesterday's discussion of blocking
filenames, and combine that with this technique.