[Mimedefang] Which are the critical SA modules whose perms may be too tight?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Sun Aug 3 22:30:01 EDT 2003

Okay, I found the FAQ mention of permissions on the SpamAssassin components.
My problem is, I installed SpamAssassin by Gentoo's emerge process (although
Sendmail and MIMEDefang by hand), and the ebuild file that runs that install
process is entirely cryptic - I'd have to dig into the Python code that runs
that to figure out much about what SpamAssassin's components are or where
they're installed.

Might I suggest that the FAQ could mention the names of the SA perl modules
that MIMEDefang is trying to run, so that someone can easily locate them and
amend the perms for MIMEDefang's use? The install doc might have a list of
these too. I'm sure it's obvious where to look to folks who mess with perl
in depth, but not to someone who just does occasional scripting like me.
When I ask perl to use a module, I don't worry about where it's installed -
I just install it.

Whit