[Mimedefang] Re: Still: unknown family 54

Jeremy Mates jmates at sial.org
Fri Apr 4 11:04:01 EST 2003

* Benoit Panizzon <panizzon at woody.ch>
> Ok, as I see it libmilter ist compiled with sendmail which has ipv6
> support enabled. I couldn't find a switch to compile libmilter
> different than sendmail so I suppose it's a MIMEdefang bug.

Nope, the unknown family 54 error originates from libmilter/engine.c,
and indicates that libmilter was built using a different
devtools/Site/site.config.m4 (or alternate file, or ENV settings that do
the same) than Sendmail was.  If building Sendmail from source and using
a custom site.config.m4 file (e.g. not one under the devtools/Site
directory), the same custom config must be specified for both sendmail
and libmilter:

sh Build -c -f /etc/mail/site.config.m4
(
  cd libmilter