[Mimedefang] Archiving email

Michael Grau m.grau at kcc.state.ks.us
Fri Sep 13 17:47:01 EDT 2002

No problem Ole - thanks for your probiscis!

> Mike -
> 	'Scuse me while I stick my probiscis towards the area marked
> "noses not wanted", but unless you're doing this in response to a
> warrant you probably don't want to do it *completely* silently.

Yes, right you are. By "silent" I just meant that the admin not be emailed
everytime an email is archived (unless he/she so chooses).

Archiving is somethng we'll resist to the bitter end, but other
agencies have already been forced to do so, and it's been upheld
in the courts. I just want to be able to implement it quickly if
forced to.

> already to the point where somebody is unhappy

No one unhappy yet, but there sure will be.

> 250 WARNING: all email passing through this server is archived
> 250 for the purposes of yakkayakka; your email may be read by persons
> 250 other than the addressee.

Yeah. Certainly people should be warned. Since MIMEDefang will do this
nicely and since I have it in place already, I thought I'd see if it could
do the archiving, instedd of, say, the sample in the Sendmail source.

> Really Good Idea(tm) to discuss this with someone who is.

Right!