[Mimedefang] Relay_check not working

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 12 12:14:00 EDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Stefano McGhee wrote:

> When I telnet into port 25 and issue the command HELO mydomain.com or HELO
> server12345.mydomain.com, it is very pleased to meet me.  What might be
> wrong?

filter_relay doesn't actually get called until you do a MAIL FROM:
Make sure you're not telnetting in from an allowed address, and
try going through the entire SMTP conversation.  It should stop after
MAIL FROM:

(You can't call filter_relay with the HELO info from mfconnect, because
you don't have a HELO yet.  And you shouldn't call filter_relay
from the "helo" callback, because some Sendmail sites will accept
mail even without an initial HELO.)