[Mimedefang] enforcing size limitations during mail rcpt

Barry Byrne barry.byrne at wbtsystems.com
Wed Nov 13 11:20:01 EST 2002

Douglas:

You should do this with your MTA, not MIMEDefang.

If you're using sendmail, try something like:

	define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `5242880')dnl

in your sendmail.mc file, rebuild your cf file and restart sendmail.
This will cause halt procedings as soon as the remote MTA announces the
message size, so none of the message will get transferred.

Can't comment on other MTAs.

 - Barry

--
Barry Byrne, IT Manager,