[Mimedefang] Non Mimedefang / Sendmail Help Needed!!!!

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:56:01 EST 2002

I took my mail server down this morning (FreeBSD 4.0/ INTEL Arch.), took a
stick of RAM out, turned it back on. The auto file system check didn't work
on boot, I had to exit to a shell and run fsck manually. After that it
booted fine. Now when I fire sendmail back up and when I do ps -aux I get
this sendmail process name:

sendmail: startup with dsl-200-67-115-177.prodigy.net.mx

about 55 - 60 times each having a different host listed where the
"dsl-200....." is.

In my log file I am seeing a lot of these:

Nov 13 12:49:35 mail sendmail[18747]: gADHl2Ef018747: [65.115.138.193] did
not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

I don't think monkeying with the RAM Caused any of this, but I took it down
again and put the RAM back in and it still is doing this.

Any ideas Please!!!  would greatly help me out!!!

Thank you all...

Chad Stalvey