[Mimedefang] Not filtering outbound mail

Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za
Fri Nov 8 16:16:03 EST 2002

>> Is there any way you can route outbound mail via a different server so
>> milter isn't even involved?
>
>Hmmm... I don't think so.. This is my corporate external SMTP gateway, and
we
>don't really want to open up another SMTP server to the internet.
>- Matt

It's more flexible to have 2 servers - with different rules/configs.

Outgoing mail server
 - Just sends mail out
 - Blocked from external incomming at the firewall

Incomming mail server
 - just receives internet mail
 - runs all the fancy virtusertable/dnsbl/MIMEDefang/clamd/etc.

You can do this one one machine - just requires 2 IP's and diff
configs for sendmail.

Alberto