[Mimedefang] Resending Message & AVP/KAV

Papp Rudolf peer at different.hu
Tue May 21 11:06:19 EDT 2002

David F. Skoll wrote:

>On Thu, 16 May 2002, Papp Rudolf wrote:
>
>>1./
>>When I resend a message, the sendmail looping (Debian Woody, sendmail
>>8.12.3, mimedefang 2.11).
>>

>Well, yes; if you resend messages as in your example, they will loop,
>because as of Sendmail 8.12, even locally-generated messages pass
>through milter.  You need a way to detect resent messages and *not*
>resend them.  The most reliable way is to check $RelayAddr (which
>should be 127.0.0.1) and not resend those messages.
>
>In your situation (saving infected e-mails), you should use
>action_quarantine_entire_message() to put the message in the
>quarantine directory.

Thank you. Your recommendation correct, but it's not enough for me. I'd
like to not scan anything some local mail addresses, but others yes.
When I use resend_message and remove_recipient together, the
resend_message isn't send any mail. (My idea, resend all not scanned
email, remove their address, and scan and send the remaining. But it's
not a good idea.)

>>My second problem; the configure script is not able to find my Kaspersky
>>antivir. I think the old name was AVP, the new is KAV, bit it's in
>>/opt/AVP directory. I don't know what changed in program. The binaries
>>name start with kav.
>>

>If you send me the name of the binary I should be looking for and the
>directory it's in, I'll update configure.in.  In the mean time, you
>can "manually" set the path like this in your filter:
>
># Put this right at the beginning of the filter
>$Features{"Virus:AVP"} = '/full/path/to/avp/scanner';

Hmm. It's not working for me...
In /opt/AVP I can found some kav file. kavdaemon, kavscanner,kavscanner.sh.
The install files URL, in my local mirror:
http://www.2f.hu/files/setup/anti-virus/server/linux/kavmselinux.tgz
keyfile:
http://www.2f.hu/files/trial/anti-virus/0003AB9F.key
I still using kavkeeper that run from sendmail, but not from milter.
 From this Kav working correct.

>Beware: If scanner return codes have changed since the last release,
>it might not work!  Please check mimedefang.pl, subroutine
>"interpret_avp_code".
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

>.