[Mimedefang] Resending Message & AVP/KAV

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 16 10:40:30 EDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Papp Rudolf wrote:

> 1./
> When I resend a message, the sendmail looping (Debian Woody, sendmail
> 8.12.3, mimedefang 2.11).

Well, yes; if you resend messages as in your example, they will loop,
because as of Sendmail 8.12, even locally-generated messages pass
through milter.  You need a way to detect resent messages and *not*
resend them.  The most reliable way is to check $RelayAddr (which
should be 127.0.0.1) and not resend those messages.

In your situation (saving infected e-mails), you should use
action_quarantine_entire_message() to put the message in the
quarantine directory.

> My second problem; the configure script is not able to find my Kaspersky
> antivir. I think the old name was AVP, the new is KAV, bit it's in
> /opt/AVP directory. I don't know what changed in program. The binaries
> name start with kav.

If you send me the name of the binary I should be looking for and the
directory it's in, I'll update configure.in.  In the mean time, you
can "manually" set the path like this in your filter:

# Put this right at the beginning of the filter
$Features{"Virus:AVP"} = '/full/path/to/avp/scanner';

Beware: If scanner return codes have changed since the last release,
it might not work!  Please check mimedefang.pl, subroutine
"interpret_avp_code".