[Mimedefang] sendmail as mail proxy

Tim Kramer kramer.tim at cox.net
Tue Jul 9 18:59:01 EDT 2002

My incoming mail has a background level of 1-3 msgs per second with 5
daily spikes of up to 12,000 msgs in a 5 minute period (works out to an
average of 40 per second)(we get data points at 5 minute intervals)(MS
directory replication is such a wonderful thing!)  It was during these
spikes that the MD-based virus scanner fails.  If I force it to
single-task, it works fine.  Just takes a few extra minutes to process
the spikes.

- Tim