[Mimedefang] Newbie Question...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 9 08:18:05 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Steve Robb wrote:

> One question I have is related to it's behavior when a process dies. If it's
> in the middle of processing some messages, and it receives a kill signal,
> I've noticed that the temp work directories are left around. Even after it
> restarts, it doesn't clean them up. Does this mean that those messages were
> never delivered? Or were they queued somewhere else and are processed later?

You'd have to check your sendmail logs; probably, the messages are not
delivered and the sending relay gets a tempfail message.

You might want to have a cron job which cleans out the spool directory
periodically.  Something like:

find /var/spool/MIMEDefang -maxdepth 1 -name 'mdefang-*-*' -type d -mtime +5 | xargs rm -rf

should do the trick.  It will delete spool directories older than 5
days, which should be safe.