[Mimedefang] Newbie Question...

Steve Robb steve_robb at cnt.com
Tue Jul 9 08:30:01 EDT 2002

Thanks, I'll give it a try...

Steve Robb

-----Original Message-----
From: David F. Skoll [mailto:dfs at roaringpenguin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 7:17 AM
To: 'mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com'
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Newbie Question...

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Steve Robb wrote:

> One question I have is related to it's behavior when a process dies.
> If it's in the middle of processing some messages, and it receives a
> kill signal, I've noticed that the temp work directories are left
> around. Even after it restarts, it doesn't clean them up. Does this
> mean that those messages were never delivered? Or were they queued
> somewhere else and are processed later?

You'd have to check your sendmail logs; probably, the messages are not
delivered and the sending relay gets a tempfail message.

You might want to have a cron job which cleans out the spool directory
periodically.  Something like:

find /var/spool/MIMEDefang -maxdepth 1 -name 'mdefang-*-*' -type d -mtime +5
| xargs rm -rf

should do the trick.  It will delete spool directories older than 5 days,
which should be safe.