[Mimedefang] Using Anomy to convert based on recipient or attachment

Kozloski, Matthew matthew.kozloski at strus.com
Thu Feb 28 11:33:03 EST 2002

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any insightful ideas on how to convert, using
Anomy, any HTML message to a plain text message based on keywords in the
attachment or recipient.

I have played with this for a while, and can't seem to get it totally
working...  Originally, I wanted to do it based on attachment.  It really
didn't work, and I think it is mostly because by the time mime-defang hits
the attachment parts, it has already cruised by the text/html (catch-22)...
So then, I decided to use the $recip to convert...  This sort of works,
meaning, it will convert every part to plain text except the _very_ last
text/html mime part.  Here is the small code I am using to do this:

foreach $RecipTest (@Recipients) {
        if($RecipTest =~ /test/i) {
                { print OUT_DUMP "$entity\n" }
                return anomy_clean_html($entity);