[Mimedefang] Mimedefang crash (fwd)

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Thu Feb 28 11:02:20 EST 2002

> I usually see between 5 and 10 mimedefang.pl's. I'm using uvscan to scan
> each message.
> However, the system is running a (mandatory) proxy server too. This is
> giving me a heavy load.

> And no, it's just mimedefang that's giving me headaches :-)

> Karel

Having managed proxy servers as well as mail servers, I'd add more hardware
and separate the two functions.  Proxy is a big load a system, even when
idle.  Scanning the body of all messages is not minor task either.  You
might also bring your maxslaves down a bit, I've got my fastest system
running only at 12 without problems and my slowest at 5 (old h/w).  Even
with the multiplexor, I was quickly running out of memory and the lower
maxslaves have really helped.

Randy