[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang build error

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Aug 29 15:19:00 EDT 2002

David T Hollis wrote:
> I've been using the Rawhide 8.12.5 RPMS for some time now and there are no
> issues.

Good to hear...  but I'm still a little wary of running them on a
production box.

>  I would recommend rebuilding it from the SRPM to ensure that it
> is build against your libraries, not new ones they are moving to with the
> next RedHat release.  If you are running 7.3, there shouldn't be any other
> dependencies to worry about.  If you are running a pretty old release, it
> may be a lot of effort.

;)  Yep;  I know.  I briefly tried rebuilding and using 8.12.3 at one
point, but it required a number of other libraries not "standard" on
even 7.3 (hesiod, Cyrus-SASL, and one other IIRC).  I don't know what
they're used for specifically, and I don't know enough about how
sendmail fits together on the code side to know how I could safely
remove these dependencies.

I'm also stuck with RH7.0 for the time being, although I'll be moving up
to 7.3 Real Soon Now (as soon as I finish building a new server).  There
were a few additional dependencies required to drop back to 7.0 from
7.3.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.