[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang build error

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Thu Aug 29 09:35:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:49:49PM +1000, Tony Nugent wrote:

> I mentioned my own experiences with the 8.12.5 rpm from rawhide in a
> post to this list only recently...  it has been working perfectly
> here (rh73) after a src.rpm rebuild that took very little effort.
> I have no reason to suspect that the i386.rpm's in rawhide won't
> work as-is on a rh7.3 box.
>
> For earlier distros (eg, rh62), you won't be able to avoid the need
> to regenerate the binary files from the .src.rpm after doing some
> (relatively minor) tweaking to the sendmail.spec file.  It is
> certainly doable... I did it successfully earlier this year for a
> sendmail 8.12.3 package taken out of rawhide and rebuilt for rh62.

For earlier distros :
- install the src.rpm through rpm -ivh
-  make a few changes to the sendmail.spec (errata %define) :
Extract from sendmail.spec:

# If you want to build the RPM on older Red Hat Linux releases, this defines
# the version number to build on. Supported should be 62 70 71 72 for
# Red Hat Linux 6.2 up to 7.2 and "100" for the current rawhide version.
%define errata 100
%define release 1

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services