[Mimedefang] Apologies

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 21 17:26:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

My apologies; I inadvertantly approved a huge message with embedded
JPEG spam.  Not all of you received it because I killed Sendmail and deleted
the queue files when I saw how big it was.

The message is archived at
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-August/002080.html

Basically, someone sent spam as JPEG image.  I do not anticipate this
being a problem in the short term, because it's bandwidth-intensive,
and spammers try to do things cheaply.

In the medium term, it might become a problem.  Eventually, we'll most
likely have to ban images except from trusted senders (which IMO is no
great loss.)