[Mimedefang] need to modify bcc: and to: headers on SPAM hit

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Aug 16 14:38:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:10:17 -0400
"alan belanger" <alan at alanbelanger.net> wrote:

> I have it set up to not attach the SA txt report, only to use the terse
> header only score report. All I need to do now is have MD append a
> 'bcc:spamdrop' to each spam message, then later (once we have some prod
> experience using it) simply replace the original 'to: recipient' with 'to:
> spamdrop'.

OK, you have to be careful.  Adding a header in Milter does *not* reroute
the message.  You can add all the To:, Cc: and Bcc: headers you want,
and those extra recipients will NOT get the message.  Mail routing is
done based on the envelope recipients in SMTP, which reside in the
@Recipients array.

However, there is a way to do what you want, and here's how:  Once you've
determined that a message is likely spam, just do this:

	add_recipient('spamdrop at mydomain.net');

That's it!