[Mimedefang] need to modify bcc: and to: headers on SPAM hit

alan belanger alan at alanbelanger.net
Fri Aug 16 14:11:01 EDT 2002

Howdy all -

I am running RH-7.2, MimeDefang-2.15, SpamAssassin-2.31, and
Sendmail-8.12.5.  It works great so far!!

I have it set up to not attach the SA txt report, only to use the terse
header only score report. All I need to do now is have MD append a
'bcc:spamdrop' to each spam message, then later (once we have some prod
experience using it) simply replace the original 'to: recipient' with 'to:
spamdrop'.

I have looked at all the man files, and it appears from "man
mimedefang-protocol" that this is easily done. It looks like it should go
into a filter def in mimedefang-filter somewhere, but I am not yet that perl
literate to know just where.

Can some one give me a perl fragment and where to place it that can
accomplish this? Or - have pointer resources that might help me do this
myself??

TIA - I really appreciate it!!!

-alan

PS - great thanks to Mickey Hill for his How-to, and all developers involved
in SA and MD!!