[Mimedefang] Anomy:HTML Cleaner

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Fri Aug 16 11:25:01 EDT 2002

Actually, it does have some benefits to have in place. A number of
rather dangerous (and popular) viruses/trojan horses have been known to
travel via HTML email, and Anomy::HTML cleaner disables the ability for
those viruses to be transferred.

I didn't know about the default alteration recommended by Grahm Dunn in
which you can modify line 408 of HTMLCleaner.pm (usually located in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Anomy/HTMLCleaner.pm, but it
truly depends upon your installation) and replacing "src"=>"src", with
"src"=> 1, which will do the trick.

Of course, if you do not have any users who are in need ot receiving
HTML email, then 'cleaning' the HTML email wouldn't be necessary...

-Rich