[Mimedefang] Suggested usage and responability.

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Tue Aug 13 11:48:01 EDT 2002

on 8/13/02 8:21 AM, McCartin, Dan at dmccartin at liftech.com wrote:

> My boss has asked me to implement content filter based on Key Words in an
> E-Mail message coming or going.  Stuff like Salary and Commission and
> Profanity.
>
> I know I can do this with mimedefang, my question is what implications can
> this cause?  Is anyone out there doing this?
>
> Also has anyone set up a script to check for words from a data file?  This way
> if we need to add or delete a filter word I just have to change the data file.
>
> If any of this has been asked before I apologize, I am still new to mimedefang
> and perl scripting.
>
> Just fishing for ideas

After reading this e-mail, a thought came up.  I run PHP and MySQL on my
server also.  What would be the speed hit to do this lookup in MySQL?
Please don't ask me how to do it, I am not a programmer.   I have no idea
how to actually code it, I just thought the idea was a good one.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff at grossman.name)