[Mimedefang] defunct processes

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Aug 9 10:42:01 EDT 2002

On 9 Aug 2002 at 12:05, Cahya Wirawan wrote:

> I have also the same problem , but I get these defunct processes only
> if the razor server is down (like now) or unreachable , so I remove
> $SALocalTestsOnly again. but where is the bug, in spammassassin or
> mimedefang?

I've found the Razor servers to be *really* unreliable, and I've seen
posts to that effect on the SpamAssassin mailing list as well.

I still like using the blackhole lists, however.  If you want to do
this, set $SALocalTestsOnly to zero, and then disable razor checks
within SA itself.

In /usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf, you'll find a long list of
tests followed by the score to be assigned for each test.  Any test
with a score of zero will not be executed, so find the
"score RAZOR_CHECK" line and change the score to 0.0.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.