[Mimedefang] The MIMEDefang HOWTO

Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
Tue Apr 30 05:46:31 EDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Mickey Hill wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on The (so far unofficial) MIMEDefang HOWTO at:
>
> http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/
>
> I'm in need of feedback (it's cool/what were you thinking?!?), comments,
> suggestions, additions, and especially corrections :)  In particular, I
> would be happy to take input on antivirus software installation, as I am
> familiar with McAfee only.
>
> Also, should we, at some point, submit to The Linux Documentation
> Project, etc. to be included as an "official" HOWTO, or is that kind of
> thinking a little premature?
>
> Feel free to send mail to me directly if you have something that’s
> inappropriate or not of interest to the entire mailing list.

Mike,

a great initiative, but why do you mention only Linux ?
MIMEDefang is written for Unix, not only for Linux.
I am using Solaris and MIMEDefang works great on Solaris.
The big mailservers are probably more often Solaris-based than
Linux-based (for the support options).

Karel
Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Network Service                       fax        + 32 71 83 43 00
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne