[Mimedefang] Re: $CcAdministrator

Mickey Hill mickey at rudolphtire.com
Mon Apr 29 14:28:12 EDT 2002

> Well, you could do this in your filter:
>
> if ($something) {
>         action_notify_sender("You bad person, you!");
>         action_notify_administrator("I told sender: You bad
> person, you!");
> }

I knew you would have a better way to do it. :)

Here's another request along the same lines:  How about a way to
customize the subject and the prepended text in the email that
action_notify_sender sends?  Something similar to $GeneralWarning that
has a default value, but can be changed in mimedefang-filter.  Again,
maybe you've got a better idea, but I'm thinking about something in
mimedefang.pl like:

use vars qw($NotifySenderSubject $NotifySenderWarning);

if (!defined($NotifySenderSubject)) {
    $NotifySenderSubject = 'MIMEDefang Notification.';
}

if (!defined($NotifySenderWarning)) {
    $NotifySenderWarning =
        "An e-mail you sent with message-id $MessageID\n" .
        "was modified by MIMEDefang. ($URL).\n\n" .
        "The recipients were:";
    my($recip);
    foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
        $NotifySenderWarning .= " $recip";
    }
    $NotifySenderWarning .= "\n\n";
    if (-r "NOTIFICATION") {
        $NotifySenderWarning .= "Here are the details of the
modification:\n\n";
    }
}

# Send notification to sender, if required
if ($Sender ne '<>' && -r "NOTIFICATION") {
    my($body);
    $body = "From: $DaemonName <$DaemonAddress>\n";
    $body .= "To: $Sender\n";
    $body .= "Subject: $NotifySenderSubject\n\n";
    $body .= $NotifySenderWarning;
    if (open(FILE, "<NOTIFICATION")) {
        while(<FILE>) {
            $body .= $_;
        }
        close(FILE);
    }
    sendmail($DaemonAddress, $DaemonName, $Sender, $body);
}

Mickey Hill
Rudolph's Inc
2021 Rob Mason Rd