[Mimedefang] "No Disassemble Johnny 5"

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 29 10:30:06 EDT 2002

    Okay, so we won't disassemble, but how do you easily RE-assemble a quarantined message and send it through to the final recipient(s)?  I realize all the pieces are in the spool/qdir-* folder, but if I just cat them together and mail the result, it'll come from the administrator, as opposed to the original sender...it'll just not look right.  I don't think.  So, how do we do that?

    Hey, I wonder, has anyone thought of dumping the data in a MySQL database (or any sort of DB really) with some sort of mechanism where the administrator gets the notification of a quarantined message and if s/he sends that bounce notification back to the mailer, it will then release the message for delivery?  I can see something in mimedefang's filter being set to scan the incoming message for an X-Approved tag or something, then contacting the database, fetch the information needed, re-assemble the message and shove it through.  Doable?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130