[Mimedefang] Adding attachment

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Mon Apr 29 10:36:21 EDT 2002

The example filter shows adding the SpamAssassin report to the $Boilerplate
of the message.  If the message happens to be HTML, as 99% of all the spam I
get is, that doesn't work because the mail client shows the HTML and the
$Boilerplate is never seen.

I decided it would be a good idea to add it as an attachment, so I modified
my filter_begin to take the $entity as a parameter and the main script that
calls it to send the $entity.  Then I can call $entity->attach to add the
report as an attachment.

For some reason, this seems to work if the message is plain text, but if
it's HTML, the attachment never shows up.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Also, maybe it would bee a good idea to just have the main MIMEdefang script
attach the $Boilerplate in general.  The filter could also control the name
of the attachment by setting some variable, such as $BoilerplateFilename =
"SpamReport.txt" or "VirusWarning.txt"

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup