[Mimedefang] Filename WARNING.TXT issue

David Lechnyr david at lechnyr.com
Sat Apr 27 20:14:15 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Here's a question.  Our users use (ahem) MS-Outlook for their MUA, and this
isn't likely to change in the near future.  Since Outlook has a difficult
time displaying multiple inline message parts, the warning appears as a text
file WARNING.TXT, as it should.  Alas, I've trained our staff too well and
instead of reading the warning message, they approach me asking me if it's
safe to open it or not.  In hindsight, this is probably a blessing and a
good sign; however I need to know if I'll break anything aside from
cosmetics if I modify the filename to something else in mimedefang.pl and
mimedefang.pl.in.  It _appears_ safe but then again, so do some attachments
;-)

Regards,
David Lechnyr