[Mimedefang] Help

Zhang Lin-bo zlb at lsec.cc.ac.cn
Mon Apr 22 04:06:48 EDT 2002

I'm running sendmail-8.11.6-3 (RedHat 7.2 release),
and MIMEDefang (recently upgraded to version 2.7) with
the 'suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients' filter.
They work quite well most of the time, but some
types of attachments can pass the filter. I have
noticed the following cases, in which the filter
does not work:

1) Attachments whose name contains multi-byte characters
   (such as Chinesei characters[B)

2) Attachments whose name contains certain special chars,
   e.g.: applet[1].pif

Can I get the above attachments filtered by modifying
my scripts and how to do? Should I upgrade to
sendmail 8.12?

Thanks for any information.

LB