[Mimedefang] File::Scan

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Wed Apr 10 12:52:36 EDT 2002

Hrmm.. just curious, but if one wanted to try using this particular perl
module to scan for viruses, I'm guessing it would be best to write a
particular routine to do that within the mimedefang-filter file, and
then call that from the filter() procedure?

Maybe something like the following?  I am not sure how $entity is being
used, and I honestly do not know if ./INPUTMSG is accurate within
filter()...

-Rich

sub my_antivirus_scan
{
   use File::Scan;

   my $fs;
   my ($entity) = @_;

   $fs = File::Scan->new();
   $fs->scan(@_);
   return(1) if ($fs->suspicious);
   return(0);
}
[...]
sub filter
{
[...]
   if (my_antivirus_filter("./INPUTMSG"))
   {
      action_drop_with_warning(
"The attachment to this message contained a computer virus and has been\n" .
"removed from the message completely.  Please notify the sender and
take\n" .
"any appropriate action.\n"
      );
   }