[Mimedefang] mimedefang 3.3, filter_sender and md_dkim_verify()

Ralph Hayon ralph at naturalwireless.com
Fri Apr 21 16:41:43 EDT 2023

Hi Dianne,

Ok, I could not find any documentation that states this. This was my
guess based on my observations.

I am trying to easily get the domain extracted by DKIM to validate the
sender's email domain.

I want to have a system that confirms that emails to my employees from
other employees are valid and not faked.

Any suggestions how I can easily extract the arguments provided to
filter_sender() in a filter function after filter_begin() so that I can
use DKIM tests to assist with this?

Thank you for the information!

Thanks.

Ralph

On 4/21/2023 4:25 PM, Dianne Skoll via MIMEDefang wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:46:17 -0400
> Ralph Hayon via MIMEDefang <mimedefang at lists.mimedefang.org> wrote:
>
>> When I try calling md_dkim_verify() inside of filter_sender() in
>> mimedefang-filter , it fails.
>> It also fails when I try callig md_dkim_verify() from
>> filter_recipient(), with the same results.
> You can't do DKIM tests until you have a message body.  So the earliest
> you can do that is filter_begin()
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.

***************************************